oceans and arrows

oceans and arrows

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Whale

I think it looks like a whale... this new painting and the name fits because it is 10 feet square! I did it, finally, the big mother of a painting that has now had 3 lives!
1st life... As a set for a shoot with Brian Doben on teh Knot, thank you for letting me keep the canvases, the picture are amazing!
2nd life: a very subtle serene painting that got re-worked by myself, Herb, Chris and his gorgeous boyfriend (always forget his name, his face is too cute). After my little opening a few weeks ago the painitng got out of hand and the painting that was transformed into a  drunken purge of creativity. I feel in the paint and broke my ass, went to bed and woke up with quite a mess to resolve. I am happy to have such a  story to tell though...
3rd life: so now "The Whale" it is a reworking of the canvas with oil paint in thick layers to cover up what lies beneath, but there are a few windows in "the whale" where you can see parts of what happened. I like that there is history in these layers, lets see what happens next!

1 comment: