oceans and arrows

oceans and arrows

Thursday, February 18, 2010

paint it black

So I just got back from the hardware store where I bought matte almost (not quite) jet black paint to repaint some of my furniture. It has been drawn all over and needs to be re-surfaced in a wipe capable paint. So I am painting my dining table and a cabinet black, I think it will look amazing when it's done.
I am very into painting all things black at the moment or flourescent colors. It reminds me of when I was in University  and I wrote my thesis on Ad Reinhardt and his black canvases. I was thinking how beautiful and serene it would be to paint this new canvas I built (the 10 footer) BLACK and have all the lines and forms on it white or flourescent. I used to paint like that all the time and then someone told me to lighten up! You can see an older piece here feature in Vogue, I don't know why I listened to whoever told me to lighten up, we all love the color Black, well if you have any sense you do....

No comments:

Post a Comment