oceans and arrows

oceans and arrows

Monday, April 5, 2010

those were the days in London

I am cleaning through my piles and boxes of paper and I came across some photos of an opening night for one of the shows I did in London at "egg". This place was so amazing, developed by Maureen Dougherty, one of the most amazing women I have ever known, it was an old dairy in 3 seperate buildings. It was on Kinnerton street in Knightsbridge. So beautiful and stylish. I felt very lucky to be a part of what was going on there.  The parties were famous! we would be out all night in the street, the amazing chefs from the river cafe would come and cook for everyone on the cobblestone streets where we were all dancing and drinking wine. Everyone was quite fabulous! So Maureen gave me many opportunities to create things for the shop, but then she gave me the entire building at 69 Kinnerton and here are a few shots. I even made the aprons for the girls working the show for me. They were sewn by me and then painted and there were branches twisted into the fabric like a nest. It was so much fun! I miss those days. We need to bring that sentiment back!

No comments:

Post a Comment