oceans and arrows

oceans and arrows

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

in a paper bag

I find great comfort in the littlest things. I love the brown paper from brown paper lunch sacs. I used them when I was kid. I packed them myself full of peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches , apples and whatever else was available that day. It is a completely impractical material for such a  lunch, the grape jelly would always seep through, Anyhow, I have been working on these new paintings and using a lot of brown paper from paper bags. I love it as a material mixed with the texture of paint.
There will be 6 new works all together  at the end of htis month not including my largest 10' x 10' which I will photograph tomorrow. I hope these upcoming shows are properous in many ways. I am hoping to continue this work and be more frequently painting. It brings me great joy to do so...
here is a new one finished today

3 comments:

  1. Heather, I've been following your work for a while, since I found you on designsponge. I love your work...the large shapes, the history of the surface, your color palette and your unique mark-making. All just beautiful!

    I was just in NYC for a whirlwind trip, but hope to come back and possible have a visit. Wishing you all the best in the upcoming shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. H- In honor of the brown sack--> there is an art blog called brown paper bag.
    http://www.brwnpaperbag.com/
    <3. Dee

    ReplyDelete