oceans and arrows

oceans and arrows

Monday, March 29, 2010

non typeface

I have been going through all my books that I have made and found this old book of type I made for Art Director and amazing director Stephen Baillie. I was illustrating a lot at the time and he was creative director for SURFACE magazine and he would give me little projects! He told me to go home and make a bunch of type, do treatments etc. This was like my art school since I never went, all these people giving ways to practice and pressing upon me the art of experimentation. I liked his influence and his work is incredible. I have no idea where he is now, but if this reaches you Stephen would love to catch up one of these days.....
Here are some pages from my book called "TYPO"
My agent would take this book to meetings and people would of course have many comments to make like "it's great" or " it's shit" or "wow, she's angry" I thought that was silly...








No comments:

Post a Comment